It’s already 2019! I hope that the 2018 festive period brought you all what you wanted; whether that be time with family, that present you’ve always wanted, or just a very welcome break from it all.
It’s been a while since I last wrote on here – but a lot has happened. Here’s a 30 second catch-up on the highlights of Q4 2018….
- Went to WRC in Wales (minus Little H and Mrs Heatho)
- Had a weekend in The Lakes (with Little H and Mrs Heatho, plus our friends from Derby)
- Ticked off 4 of the Top 100 climbs (Kirkstone Pass, Whinlatter Pass, Newlands Hause, Honister Pass)
- Little H dressed up as a pumpkin! 🎃
- Little H took her first sided steps and learnt to crawl at speed! 💨
- I did DIY
- We visited some friends
- Little H and Mrs Heatho visited me at work to learn about jet engines!
- Ticked off 4 of the Top 100 climbs and 2 of the next book (Jiggers Bank, Llangynidr Mountain, Whiteleaf, Streatley Hill, Kingston Hill, The Wrekin)
- Zero km on the bike!
- Decorated the house for Little H’s first Christmas! 🎄
- Saw a friend from the US
- Saw friends from Australia
- Celebrated Little H’s first Christmas and hosted for both families!
And so here we are, in 2019, quicker than a flash! So what does 2019 hold for me and my family…
Re-starting this blog
I never really meant to stop writing, but my blog seemed to have fulfilled its purpose for me. During those few months where I really struggled with the change a baby brings and the fact I struggled to bond with Little H – this was a really valuable outlet for me to write down how I felt, process it and then move on. When we got back from Spain, something had clicked and I didn’t need to do that any more. Simple really.
However, a few people who we don’t see very often have mentioned that they enjoyed reading the updates – especially those based abroad who we see really rarely – so I thought I’d change tack back to the original intent which was to turn it into a story of our lives to look back on. We’ll see how it goes 🙂
All Change!! (Again…)
Having just about survived 2018 and got ourselves into a flexible but relatively predictable routine… it all goes to pot this year! For a start, Mrs H actually has to go to work… this means a shock to the system for all 3 of us;
- Little H; 2019 heralds the start of days at nursery and days without either Mummy or Daddy
- Mrs H; returning to work means for the first time there will be days where she won’t see Little H at all due to her long shifts, and the return of night shifts are just in case she hadn’t lost enough sleep in 2018
- Me; nursery run routines aside, Mrs H’s return to work also yields the terrifying prospect of whole weekends with Little H with no support from Mrs H! I’m not sure who is going to be more nervous…. me or Little H! 🤔 So far I’ve managed one day… and even that wasn’t a whole day… I’m going to have to get my thinking hat on for days out to keep us both entertained and occupied 🧐
We also have a bunch of weekend breaks, weddings, stag/hen celebrations, house furnishing and decorating, garden landscaping and birthdays to look forward to, including Little H’s very first birthday!
So another super busy and fun packed year awaits us all – I look forward to sharing it with you!