A very busy few days!

The last few days have been a bit of a blur! At the end of last week Little H went away on a trip with Mrs H and went to her first country show! I was frankly a little gutted that I couldn’t join them 😔

Mrs H has always had an affinity for country life, probably due to growing up in the countryside helping her Dad look after their pedigree cattle. As a result, these kind of shows have always been a part of her life and so I’m keen that Mrs H gets to continue to enjoy them with Little H, and hopefully one day Little H will enjoy them just as much!

Seems as though Little H thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the cows, looking at all the tractors and apparently she LOVED the steam engines, which bodes well for me, as I’m a huge admirer of steam engines and locomotives. There is something about them that makes you feel as though they’re alive. Last year just before Christmas I was lucky enough to hitch a ride on the footplate – I had to work for my furnace fired sausages but it was such good fun and I can’t wait to go again!

Saturday morning I was awake nice and early, Little H slept in but woke up before Mrs H, so I got her up and took her downstairs and played with her for a little while. Having had a couple of days apart the smiles and laughs I got were just the best! When I think back to all those weeks ago when I felt like I couldn’t do anything right, having Little H sit there and just beam at me was a great feeling. Having some Daddy-Daughter time was great, albeit short. We had to go and wake Mummy up because I was going to a friend’s wedding. Mrs H and Little H weren’t able to join us sadly, so I went on my own with some other uni friends.

Sadly, because I’m a boy and was focused on having a good time not photographing everything, and I don’t want to disturb the newlyweds by asking permission to publicly boradcast the pictures I do have… I don’t have many pictures. Needless to say I had a great time! Spending time with old uni friends is always a good laugh, and having a wedding reception in teepees in a woodland clearing was a really special atmosphere – very relaxed, chilled and a really lovely afternoon and evening.


Sunday was a slightly different day – an impromptu tour of the Renault Sport Formula One HQ! Seeing all the cars, parts, the race control centre and just how the whole thing ticks behind the scenes, away from the track, was a great experience that I was very lucky to have!

And so we arrive at the inevitable return of Monday. Back to work. This week has a few key differences though:

1) Little H is sleeping in her own bed, in her own room 😱

2) Baby led weaning has started… more on that later this week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s