I learnt about blogging awards this week. Having been going for less than a fortnight I was delighted to be nominated for the “Versatile Blogger Award” by @365daysofaworkingmom, who blogs here: 365 Days of a Working Mom
It was a surprise because I’d not been blogging long and wasn’t aware of these awards, but it was really nice to know that someone out there has been reading and appreciating my blogging efforts!
Seems there are some rules to these awards. I need to identify 15 blogs to nominate. I also need to share 7 things about myself. I’m going to steal the idea of my nominator and simply update this blog post with new blogs as I find them – I’ll aim for one a week.
15 blogs worth checking out
Normally, I’m not a fan of these sort of chain-type things. This one though, has prompted me to go and explore the blogging world & find new things and interests…here are some of my favourites so far:
The LEGO blocks post really spoke to me. I thought I was going to be a terrible father because I’d never known how to interact with children. As an engineer, give me LEGO blocks and I will be happy all day. Bring on the days when I can build LEGO with Little H 🙂
Love a blog that gives me ideas of things to do and places to explore – which Sharon’s “Sunshine and Celandines” does. It’s great to read the experiences of other people with like-minded interests!
This is a really nice blog and gives me an insight as to what we might expect as our little one grows older!
I love this blog. I love travelling, and this blog reminds me of all the adventures I’ve had on my travels while I was younger. Makes me long to travel again! Maybe one day I’ll be able to take Little H on some adventures around the globe…🌍
7 things about me
- I’m a new Dad, having been married now for nearly 3 wonderful years to my wife, who I met all the way back in 2006!
- Whilst at uni, I became a fully qualified private pilot – sadly I’ve had to allow this to lapse due to medical reasons.
- I love the outdoors and most recently over the last 2 years I’ve fallen in love with cycling. Road, mountain, doesn’t matter – I enjoy it all and it’s given me a new lease of life.
- I almost studied Geology and Earth Science at uni instead of engineering, and these topics still interest me.
- I love cooking and trying new recipes – and don’t do this nearly enough. I also love good food, and have enjoyed several Michelin star meals for special occasions.
- I’m a huge fan of craft beer and ale. I love the simultaneous complexity and simplicity of it, I love the variety of it and I love that as I grew up beer festivals often pulled pulled people of all types and backgrounds together – people who would never have normally socialised – all over a good pint.
- I get a lot of satisfaction from taking a good photo. It’s one of the many things that inspired my blog – it could be somewhere to share them.